A delectable, healthy dish!
- 1 lg. zucchini
- 1/2 c. rice
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Grated Mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cut zucchini in half and cut out center.
- Cut center up in small pieces and put pieces aside.
- Cook 1/2 cup rice; set aside.
- Brown ground turkey. Drain.
- Add onion and green peppers, and brown.
- Add rice, chopped zucchini, and tomato sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking dish with tomato sauce.
- Put zucchini “boat” in dish. Fill with stuffing.
- Excess stuffing can be put around boat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with grated Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, with oven off for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Please follow and like us: